Re: [OM] odd CF card (or E3) behaviour

Subject: Re: [OM] odd CF card (or E3) behaviour
From: "siddiq@xxxxxxx" <siddiq@xxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 2 Jul 2010 14:20:54 -0700
On Jul 2, 2010, at 2:09 PM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:

> Now I'm totally confused.  The first part says the images were
> transferred to the computer OK but something unusual happened to them
> after they got there.  The second part says the problem moved to a
> different computer along with the card and reader.  Got a different card
> or reader?

The first time this happend (last month I think), I did try taking the
card/reader to a PC and another Mac to eliminate my own machine out of the
loop. all three machines showed the same partial image. Mac 10.5, 10.6 and
WinXP/sp3

> Also I don't know what it means (physically) to "re-export" an image
> from the iphoto library on a Mac.  I don't know if that means the image
> was physically copied to a different place or only that a pointer to it
> was handed off.  There are different implications of each.

importing copies to the applications photo library/database, so diff/new file,
not a pointer to the same one