Re: [OM] Live view operation, was: E-thingy body recommendation

Subject: Re: [OM] Live view operation, was: E-thingy body recommendation
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 3 Jul 2010 09:16:52 +0800
----- Original Message -----
From: "Joel Wilcox" <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>

> The Olympus cameras provide a brief playback after every exposure.  I
> can't remember if this can be turned off, as I have never tried to
> turn it off.

The brief playback can be set to turn off and the time for playback is
adjustable too.

> In LV, after exposure and focus are determined by one of the various
> methods, the shutter sequence is actuated and the mirror drops (one
> can see through the lens/viewfuder briefly when the mirror drops), the
> mirror/shutter action takes place, and then there is about a 2 second
> playback of the shot just taken before the camera returns to LV.
>
> Does the 5DmkII not provide anything that corresponds to this 2 second
> playback?

All Canyon provide this playback and programmable like the Olympus. When I
want to shoot fast I always turn off the playback in liveview mode although
the playback can always be interrupted by half press the shutter release.

C.H.Ling