Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 20:43:13 -0400
Even good manufacturers are subject to getting a lot of bad parts.  It
happened to Dell a few years ago when they built a bunch of motherboards
using defective capacitors shipped by a normally good supplier.  Other
companies got the same stuff.  Dell eventually figured it out... but
shipped the bad motherboards anyhow... leading to a high early failure
rate and lawsuits.

Chuck Norcutt