Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 03 Jul 2010 21:09:29 -0700
  On 7/3/2010 6:55 PM, Fernando Gonzalez Gentile wrote:
> Moose, when you say "only on when actually making back-ups", do you mean to
> unplug the USB cable, or both the USB and the wall outlet (transformer) plug?
> Unplug from the AC supply, or from the DC plug at the HD case?

I've already answered your main, and rather paranoiac , question.

As to the other questions, I'm using eSATA, not USB and most of my drives are
without enclosures and only attached to
the drive dock when in use for back-up.

So the basic rule is that they are un-powered almost all the time, and thus not
wearing nor accessible to computer or
viruses.

Moose