Re: [OM] IMG: Art

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Art
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 04 Jul 2010 22:44:41 -0700
  On 7/4/2010 5:21 AM, Chuck Norcutt wrote:
> Must be a later version since I've never heard of "Blend-If" sliders. But
> it's about time to move up to version 5 from version 3.

Right click on a layer and select Blending options or simply double click where
it won't get you into editing the layer
name. In the Blending options control box, down near the bottom, is a sub box
for Blend If. You can choose to blend all
colors at once or only one.

Below that are sliders to control blending of the layer onto the one below
based on luminance ranges in each of the two
layers. This goes back a long ways in PS. I'm sure PS3 has it.

> Bob Whitmire wrote:
>> Although I've not mastered the technique, I'm now aware of it: the Blend-If
>> sliders in Photoshop. They permit you to apply effects to certain tonal
>> ranges, either in the layer you're working on, or the layer beneath it. A
>> good tool for the inevitable halos that appear, especially in the upper
>> tonal ranges.
>>
>> --An Aware But Hamfisted Bob

I've known about and used, or tired to use, that tool for quite some time (i.e.
I can't remember when I started.).
Occasionally, it works quite well. Other times, it just leads to pixelization
just where I want the effect to help. So
I'm not so sure it's you being hamfisted.

I works nicely with this image, set for Blues.

Moose