Re: [OM] Good Bokeh, Bad Bokeh, Drawing a Confession from the Guilty

Subject: Re: [OM] Good Bokeh, Bad Bokeh, Drawing a Confession from the Guilty
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 00:10:10 +1200
I wrote in a note about Wayne's photos

> and be more deliberate / contrived with the
> > composition of the "in focus" part as well as the very important
> > flowers /
> > whatever that are not in focus but are an important element of the
> > composition.

What I meant by this was, that instead on relying on "found" flower
compositions, go to a florist shop (or where-ever) and get a bunch of
suitable flowers, and arrange them against a suitable background for the
same style(s) of treatment as used for the shots that started this discussion..

With a carefully contrived casual look and great composition.

Painters make paintings of flowers in vases. You can get the same "look"
with flowers seemingly in the wild.

Brian Swale.