Re: [OM] E-510 "feature"

Subject: Re: [OM] E-510 "feature"
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 6 Jul 2010 11:36:24 -0500
> Actually, you can make some real neat techo type shots with fibre,
> just remember to peal the external layers off :o)

Hmm... I'm not sure I'd want to do that with 8 channels of 120km
colored optics being blasted through a 20dB amp...

We have this one tech, who probably (most certainly) removed a few
good braincells through years of ORT-THC (oxygen replacement therapy
with THC) that kinda scares me once in a while.  OK, most of the time.

We had this fiber cut thanks to some moron with a backhoe clearing
ditches that snagged, pulled up and broke about 100 feet of fiber. The
tech drove the roads looking for the cut and found the snake laying
across the road.  While on the cellphone with us, he looked into the
end of the exposed fiber and said "I don't see any light coming
through it."

!!!!!

What was most unusual about this was while he was doing that, he
pointed the fiber directly at the sun. For a moment the LOS (loss of
signal) alarms cleared and we got measurable light on the receivers.

AG