[OM] Focus on Saturday Lily

Subject: [OM] Focus on Saturday Lily
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 06 Jul 2010 14:19:15 -0700
  On 7/3/2010 10:04 AM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> I will add to the recent Lily shots.  This one was a Mother's Day plant, many
> years ago, and appears about this time each year.  Over night, four blooms
> opened up.  It grows so tall that it must be tied to the fence for support,
> hence the inevitable fence wire in the background.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/OldNick/Saturday+Lily.jpg.html
Very nice!

I guess I'm way too boring and conventional, but one of the things that I'm
always trying to achieve with day lilies,
hibiscuses and other deep flowers is getting the whole thing sharp. Someone
mentioned Focus Magic recently, I installed
the trial and have been waiting for good images to try out my 10 free uses on.

Here's what it did to this image
<http://www.moosemystic.net/Gallery/Others/Nichols/Saturday_Lily.htm>.

I was thinking to only apply it to the center of the flower, but I like what it
did to the reproductive parts, too. I"m
not so sure I like the effect so much on the ends of the petals. I'd probably
tone it down there. Still, I though I'd
post the overall effect as an educational example.

Focused Moose