Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice

Subject: Re: [OM] Seeking Hard Drive Advice
From: SwissPace <ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 08 Jul 2010 23:32:37 +0200
There are at least two types of hard drives, those for servers and those
for desktops, servers disks are designed to spin continuously and
desktops stop start, maybe you should consider the use when buying, also
assume they will fail, I have had two drives fail at home recently but
no images were lost. I don't want to ignite a war but this was one of
the reasons I switched to using mac osx - it makes disk transfers
effortless, sure you can do this with extra software with windows now
but it always seems a hassle although its much easier now.