[OM] TOPE 43 shooting season announcement (last of the TOPEs?)

Subject: [OM] TOPE 43 shooting season announcement (last of the TOPEs?)
From: Olaf Greve <ogreve@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 12 Jul 2010 11:38:00 +0200
Hi all,

Well, somehow I had totally forgotten to announce the opening of the
shooting season for TOPE 43 "Oh, how you've aged"!
By now, this announcement is already a month overdue, so let's simply
extend the end date with a full month too.
The new shooting interval deadline then becomes August 21st, or
thereabouts.
The theme abstract is:
"Perhaps a rather difficult theme. When it was proposed it carried the
subtitle: "new pictures of old list members". That is indeed one good
interpretation of the theme, but there is no need to have been a long-
time list member, as one can also invent their own interpretations
(within reasonable bounds, of course) of this theme. Also: note that
this theme does not necessarily has to consist of self-portraits, so
there is some slack space for original interpretations of this theme
as well..."

Then....... perhaps not a lot of people noticed it, but TOPE 43 is the
last of the currently determined TOPEs... I'm not certain if there's
still enough interest to determine further TOPE themes, but I have
noticed that over the past two years or so interest in it has become
less and less. Also, my spare time schedule is much more strained
nowadays, with the little one...
I'm inclined to call it a day (well, really 10+ years!) after this
TOPE, but what do you guys think?
Do you think there's still enough interest to determin a further set
of TOPEs, or not?

I'll check the response to this open question to see what to do... No
decision is final yet. :P

For now, enjoy shooting for TOPE 43!
Olafo

Main page:
http://www.tope.nl

Direct link to the complete TOPE Events calendar:
http://www.tope.nl/events.php