Re: [OM] ( OM ) TOPE and its future

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM ) TOPE and its future
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2010 09:15:05 -0400
Although I haven't contributed anything for a long, long time I always
*intend* to and I do enjoy seeing everybody's shots.  But in the past 2
years I think I've shot one roll of film.  Digital is just so much
easier that I really only contemplate shooting with the Canyon but with
some Oly glass attached.  Unfortunately there aren't too many lenses I
can attach and still be able to focus well.  I was a bit excited when I
saw that the next theme was self portraits.  I had just made a self
portrait of my wife and myself and thought maybe I could reuse that.  I
thought maybe I had used the 85/2 but then remembered that, although I
had fitted the lens for a trial the focal length was a bit long for two
people and the actual shot was taken with the Tokina 28-80.  I guess I
should have used a Zuiko 50mm of some sort but perhaps I didn't because
the shot was taken at 69mm.  That's that missing 70mm prime (2X35mm)
that no one seems to make.  But it never occurred to me to mount the
Zuiko 35-70.  But that's probably dark enough that I wouldn't have been
able to focus it well on the Canyon.

In another embarrassing admission I have to say that I bought an OM-4
from Moose quite some time ago.  I bought it because I had always wanted
one and other bodies have proven unusable because of their lack of
built-in diopter adjustment.  But, apart from sticking a battery in it
to see how it works, I've never run a roll of film through it.  Probably
because it implies I have to scan it which I really don't enjoy... even
though I have a perfectly fine scanner.

If TOPE continues I will still keep *intending* to participate and will
still enjoy looking at everyone else's photos.  Perhaps reduced
frequency and a longer shooting period would help.  I know there are at
least two occasions where I simply forgot that the shooting period had
passed... despite your reminders.

Chuck Norcutt