Re: [OM] IMG: From the Past

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: From the Past
From: "Jim Nichols" <jhnichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2010 13:16:24 -0500
Chris,
I just read the following in the daily update from AOPA (Aircraft Owners and
Pilots Association).  It would seem that the additive is still tetraethyl
lead.

"Avgas lead producer allays supply concerns
The only producer of tetraethyl lead for avgas this month reaffirmed its
commitment to continue to manufacture and supply the additive for the
aviation industry. "Leaded avgas is not going away any time soon," said AOPA
Vice President of Regulatory Affairs Rob Hackman. "With a stable supply of
100LL now, we have the time to make well-researched, well-thought-out
decisions that will put general aviation in the best position in the long
term." AOPA Online."

Jim Nichols
Tullahoma, TN USA