[OM] ( OM ) OT Beef and BBQs

Subject: [OM] ( OM ) OT Beef and BBQs
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Jul 2010 02:52:59 +1200
All this talk about steak-houses, beef and BBQ's has me slightly bemused.

Crazes (fads) that I just don't understand  :-).

It's well known that red meat is a prime cause of colon cancer, so I tend to
avoid it; if I do cook beef, I cut it into fine short strips and make a
stir-fry.
That way, with the stir-fried vegetables it constitutes no more than about
30% by volume, and is also cooked right through. Or I make a stew.

My dad had three kinds of colon cancer, and due to that had a colostomy for
the 20 years of his life before he died; he was one of the first colostomy
operations in NZ. Had he lived much longer he might well have been one of
the first colostomy reversal operation patients.

As for un-cooked meat !!  Feed it to the dogs! (unless it's mutton, when such
feeding is illegal here as a consequence of hydatids once being prevalent).

I've moved into a household that does have a BBQ, but I won't encourage
using it. In my experience, BBQ's result in more ruination of good food than
any cooking process I'm aware of!

Rant over !

Brian Swale.