Re: [OM] My last film shots

Subject: Re: [OM] My last film shots
From: Marc Lawrence <montsnmags@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2010 09:03:55 +1000
For what very little it's worth, I've been running a couple of films
through an Argus B and an Argus C3. I've also hardwired some AAAs into
a Polaroid 210, but have yet to get the film for it. I just say this
to point out another subjective reason for using whatever one uses:
it's just fun (even when you don't read the manual, and shoot 10
frames before discovering the Argus B has a collapsible lens that you
haven't uncollapsed, or that though the lens focal length is in
metric, the scale focus is in imperial, again, after many frames. It
made me laugh at myself, which was nice).

*Sometimes* it's probably a good idea to just do what you like, allow
yourself to know that you're at least partly doing what you like
because you like it, and try not to conflate that subjective pleasure
into a universal qualitative or ethical position. If it feels good...

Cheers,
Marc
PS. I got an iPad for my 40th birthday last Tuesday. It's nice.