Re: [OM] photo from Michael Wong in Hong Kong

Subject: Re: [OM] photo from Michael Wong in Hong Kong
From: "John Gettis" <jgettis81@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 07:59:51 -0700
Scariest thing that I have seen involving an airplane was some 40 odd years
ago when my great aunt was flying back to Detroit from LAX on a 747.  The
plane was just being pushed away from the gate to take off when they stopped
and the driver of the tug got out and plugged his headphones into something
around the landing gear and appeared to be talking to the pilot.  After
staring at the engine for a moment He got on the walkie talkie and another
vehicle came out.  This was kind of a ladder that they put up against one of
the engines and climbed up into it.  After a couple of trips up and down the
ladder another tug showed up with a large book.  they consulted the book and
made a couple of trips back up the ladder on the last one they took up what
looked like a can of WD-40 and a screwdriver and did something inside the
engine.  The ladder and the other vehicles drove off and the tug operator
plugged back into the plane and they gave each other the thumbs up and the
plane was pushed out and took off for Detroit.  John