Re: [OM] My last film shots

Subject: Re: [OM] My last film shots
From: "Piers Hemy" <piers@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2010 20:26:07 +0100
Can't speak for the Voigtlaenders, but the Zeiss 6x9 I acquired for very few
pennies not long ago is delightful. It's a pleasure to see the world through
a 3/2 viewfinder, and even more of a pleasure to view the resulting slides
:-)
The 6x9 seems to be a very early Ercona - a post-war East German version of
the Zeiss Ikon Ikonta - with Compur shutter and Novar lens, both of which
were renamed for later models.
The Ercona is an interesting corollary to the Contax story, whereby the
camera production was re-started from scratch post-war, in a factory which
had never previously made it. The Contax II/III was reverse engineered in
Stuttgart to appear as the IIa/IIIa, while the Ikonta was reverse engineered
in Dresden to appear as the Ercona.  Stuttgart was the original home of the
Ikonta; Dresden that of the Contax!

Piers