[OM] OT - Flatbed scanner advice

Subject: [OM] OT - Flatbed scanner advice
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 2010 13:58:33 -0400
I'm looking to get a flatbed scanner primarily for old photos, though I
might use it for occasional MF negs, and for odd documents (I have a
Coolscan V-ED for 35mm film).

My choices are the Epson V500, V600 and Canon 9000F. In Ottawa the
prices are $215(V500) - 270(V600, Canon), ignoring specials, and all are
available.

I can't see great differences in the specs (the Canon may have greater
theoretical resolution) and what comes in the respective boxes. Reviews
suggest that there's not much difference between them, and the native
scanning software is adequate.

Grateful for any suggestions/preferences.

Martin