Re: [OM] FrankenCamera : Open source Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] FrankenCamera : Open source Camera
From: Patrick Moore <paddy@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2010 11:45:50 +0100
* On Fri, Jul 23, 2010 at 12:24:46PM +0200, SwissPace said:
> well according to wikepedia the use of professor is "dumbed down" as you
> say it for America and Canada, in Europe it is a protected title, A
> bigger annoyance for me is the dumbing down of  "Engineer" - It should
> also be a protected title!

Being an Engineer (Electronic), and having been an academic, I've spent a
long time pondering titles, protected and otherwise.

Sadly, the problem with engineering is that the vast majority of people
have no idea what it is, or even where the term came from.  Sadly, greese
monkey mechanics in blue overalls are what people think of when they
imagine an engineer.

Rather than protecting it (which would be nice, as is done in other
places), I'd much rather people knew what was involved in what I did.

p.