Re: [OM] FrankenCamera : Open source Camera

Subject: Re: [OM] FrankenCamera : Open source Camera
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 24 Jul 2010 01:01:06 +1000 (EST)
Hi Ian,

> I always have the  regret of saying to my stepfather when he once asked
> what I did, that it would take me two days to explain - he knew little
> of computing but lots about electronics,  I should have made an effort
> and tried to at least explain better in simple form, now its too late.
> When asked what I do now I just say I work with computers, "what
> spreadsheets and things?". "sort of - yes"

Yes, that I understand, though when others ask me what I do
I simply say I'm retired, which is true, for now (11 years actually)

> IanW - an electrical and electronics engineer who switched to software
> engineering about 22 years ago - but still have a scopemeter ;-)

I went into Mining, then Systems Administration (VAX)mixed in with
Geotech, exploration, lease pegging, lease management, before
starting a computer company in Kalgoorlie Western Australia.

I have a vague memory of how I ended up in Melbourne Australia :-)
I lost a lot of my old test and design gear after the breakup of my
first marriage but still have my Fluke multimeter and Tectronix CRO.

Cheers
Ian Manners
If Chairman Bill's ego keeps rising, an FAA flight plan is needed.