Re: [OM] it's baaaaaack

Subject: Re: [OM] it's baaaaaack
From: Joel Wilcox <jfwilcox@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 2010 09:15:38 -0500
On Sat, Jul 24, 2010 at 6:28 PM, Paul Cox <tastydoublecapp@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> Extreme rains, flooding, dams bursting, towns evacuating... Just
>> another day in Iowa.
>

> Yep.  We're high and dry here, with the nearest creek about half a mile
> away.  I'm keeping fingers and toes crossed for Joel though.  About another
> foot rise in the Iowa River, and he'll have it in his back yard.
>
> Dam just north of Iowa City, upstream on Iowa River, is currently releasing
> water at about 9800 cfs.  We really, really don't need any more rain.
>
> Paul C

Paul,
I'm back too!  Most of eastern Iowa, especially up north, looks
terrible, as huge rains broke a 90-year-old dam that formed Lake
Delhi.

But in our particular valley they have apparently begun to shrink
outflows from our reservoir a little now because they don't like for
the lake to drop more than one foot per day as it tends to cause the
bank to fall into the lake.  So, currently things look pretty good on
the Iowa River.  Knock wood.

Joel W.