[OM] Panasonic G2

Subject: [OM] Panasonic G2
From: JOHN DUGGAN <john.duggan10@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 11:54:11 +0000 (GMT)
Hi all,
        I am thinking of buying a Panasonic G2 to enable me to get more use
from

my legacy Olympus, Leica M, and voigtlander lenses, with appropriate adapters.
 I have persuaded my local

camera store to supply it with the 14-45 metal mount lens rather than the 14-42
plastic mount (urgh!)

I find that I no longer use my digital Olympus equipment. I will keep my E1 (it
has only taken a few hundred shots) but will sell my 510. I just cannot get on
with the viewfinder display. I think this has taken about 500/1000 shots.

My Canon 40D is much easier to use, I find the viewfinder display much better.
However, on a recent trip to the First World War Cemeteries and battlefield
Memorials of Belgium and the Somme, I found even this was on the heavy side
with
3 lenses.
So I am looking for a versatile, lightweight camera with good quality lenses.

Has anyone got experience of using the Panasonic G2 or lens, or even the
Panasonic G1?
Regards
John Duggan,
Wales, UK