Re: [OM] Flying to Quebec in September - OM content inside

Subject: Re: [OM] Flying to Quebec in September - OM content inside
From: Martin Walters <mwalters@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 2010 14:10:31 -0400
Guillaume:
There are a number of things to see in Montreal and general region,
depending on taste. I lived there for many years, before moving to
Ottawa. Still visit, but rarely as a tourist.

- Botanical Gardens, though probably passed their prime for this year
- Cultural events (plays, concerts, Montreal Symphony Orchestra)
- Hockey (Montreal Canadiens, if the NHL season has started)
- Old Montreal/Old Port
- Hudson, Oka, Lac des deux montagnes (outlying but scenic areas)
- Mont Tremblant and Laurentians region (though a bit early for the fall
colours and far to early for skiing)
- Quebec City (maybe 3 hours drive from Montreal) including the old
town, Plains of Abraham, Montmorency Falls, Île d'Orléans etc
- Ottawa (1.5 hours away), which is the Capital, has a number of
excellent museums and historic buildings, Rideau Canal locks etc.
- Lake Champlain (both sides: NY and New Hampshire)
- Eastern Townships/Magog (scenic)

You should be able to find lots of info on the web or in a good
guidebook. Hope this is of some help.

Enjoy your trip,
Martin