Re: [OM] Photo Mystery: Ansel Adams Or Uncle Earl? - News Story - KTVU S

Subject: Re: [OM] Photo Mystery: Ansel Adams Or Uncle Earl? - News Story - KTVU San Francisco
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:26:05 -0500
Well, I think one of the problems was a basic assumption that the
photos had to have been taken by a professional. That narrowed the
talent pool down quite a bit. Would you apply the same standard today?
 In that time, he wasn't the only dude with camera out and about.

I'm in agreement with others--those photographs actually don't look
like Ansel's. From a tonality and general composition perspective,
they're similar to his from that same era, but the eyeflow is
different. Don't know how to explain it, but there's something off...

Also, the one picture that jumped out at me was the person in the boat
picture. The composition is TOO formulaic and common for the era. In
fact, it's straight out of a Monet painting. AA, even in those early
days didn't follow the impressionists that I can recall.

AG