Re: [OM] OT - American railways

Subject: Re: [OM] OT - American railways
From: Chris Barker <ftog@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 20:56:19 +0100
Here's another Euro environmentalist (notwithstanding my profligate use of
fossil fuels for most of my flying career).  Road traffic does not pay the full
cost of its use, nor does air travel.

I fly every day over disused railway lines, the tracks no longer there.  For
the most part they join the smaller towns and villages, generally east-west.
It would be truly wonderful if at least some of them were still open now.  Just
think how much trucking business would go by rail ...

Chris