Re: [OM] [OT] - Advice wanted about 5D2

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] - Advice wanted about 5D2
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 03 Aug 2010 09:38:52 -0400
The 5D Mk II (and most other Canon cameres) use the E series of dioptric
adjustment lenses.  These only go to +2 which (I assume) is to be added
to the built-in max adjustment of +1.  So that only gets to +3.  But
looking on Adorama and B&H all of these things seem to be on backorder
anyhow.  Except for the 0 power <http://www.adorama.com/CAD0E.html>
Since your optician would have to make you whatever you need anyhow
(since you can't get 4.5) maybe you can order one of these and replace
what I assume is a piece of flat glass.  I've no idea why they would
sell these otherwise or even if there's a piece of glass in there.

Chuck Norcutt