[OM] (OM) OT One family's main-meal food down-under

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT One family's main-meal food down-under
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 05 Aug 2010 05:25:43 +1200
Thanks to all and sundry for your comments.

It was Chuck, I think, who remarked that he would go for less
carbohydrates.  Maybe I would too, except for the fact that the family
situation that I am now in has very different eating patterns from what I am
used to, and I think there's an age-related effect as well.

When I was in regular work (and as a child and a student), I would have a
breakfast, morning tea, lunch, afternoon tea, dinner, and probably supper.
All predictable and more or less on schedule.

Now, the ONLY regular meal I have is dinner at night, such as I illustrated,
so that's when a very high percentage of my food intake occurs. Some days
I have nothing to eat until 2pm. My partner's feeding could be best described
as light grazing !

If I didn't take over the evening cooking most of the time, there might not be
much of a meal at any time.  That's my contribution to combating food
anarchy !

I have no idea how typical this is of families here. It's not my preference.

Brian Swale.