Re: [OM] [OT] - Advice wanted about 5D2

Subject: Re: [OM] [OT] - Advice wanted about 5D2
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 17:48:08 -0500
Moose thus wrote:
> I don't ever use the green box, full auto, mode. Does that help me maintain
> my status as "serious"?

I'll refrain from answering that question.  Ever use the "Got Print" button?

> As I am usually working for the opposite of Dawid's shallow plane of focus,
> I've be wondering if a 7D might not be a  better step for me than 5DII. The
> 15-85/3.5-5.6  (24-136 eq.) appears to be a very fine lens for it.

Well, I hesitate (for all of 300ms) to say this, but both Ken Rockwell
and the Schnozz think that the 7D is Canon's best camera so far. I'm
very tempted to get one. In fact, a couple of days ago I got to play
with one again and find that it is the first non-1Dxxxxx Canon body to
fall to hand almost perfectly. Image-quality is definitely
satisfactory.

But don't let the "Brothers Ken" disuade you from considering this
camera. I'm sure I could mention a few faults if you pressed me hard
enough.  After all, it is a Canon.

:)

AG