Re: [OM] Entering Competitions. Why?

Subject: Re: [OM] Entering Competitions. Why?
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 7 Aug 2010 19:01:12 +0200
Actually, I think competitions are a waste of time. And the idea of someone
deciding that this picture is better than that picture is ridiculous to me. But
I wholly agree with your sentiment that it is important to get one's work out
in public, so I am a warm supporter of participating in exhibitions. I have
done that on a few occasions and enjoyed it every time. But there was no jury,
no competitive element, except the visitors voting with their Euros when making
their purchasing decisions.

So...a competition where your prints are hanging in a good exhibition space is
one thing. But I never enter any of the online competitions, most of which are
grabs for IP rights anyway.

I wish you good luck and many sales :-)

Nathan

Nathan Wajsman