[OM] (OM) OT all this talk about books ...

Subject: [OM] (OM) OT all this talk about books ...
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 08 Aug 2010 21:02:29 +1200
All this talk about books and programs to help cataloguing them reminds me
I didn't show you one wall of my new study with two of five bookcases in
position.  See the top link at

http://www.brianswale.com/zuikoholics/

For very many years I wrote the names of the authors and titles in a
notebook I still have, so I knew exactly what I had in my library.  I did it
especially also because in those times I used to have friends who wanted to
borrow my books. I didn't mind, but I did have library pockets and cards
inside the back cover, and on loan I filled the card out and filed it so I
could
chase up the borrower if need be.

Now; nobody visits, nobody borrows, so I have it all to myself. I am still
buying quite a lot. They are 99% non-fiction, as I don't read fiction.  Seems
like a waste of valuable time to do so.

Brian Swale.