Re: [OM] DoF Compared

Subject: Re: [OM] DoF Compared
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 10 Aug 2010 21:47:57 -0400
As accurate as one can get still doesn't tell me anything.  If nothing
else I don't have any idea if the camera and/or lenses can even resolve
to the difference I've been talking about.  But if live view allows you
to distinguish between two high contrast targets at 5 and 5.5 meters or
even between 5 and 6 meters apart using both lenses at their wide open
aperture at 24mm I'm more than happy to accept the experimental result.

The only required test it to set up the two targets at the appropriate
distances and say yes or no, I can or can not clearly shift focus from
one to the other and back again.  I think it's questionable but that's
just a guess.  I could be completely wrong and would prefer to be.  It
would be nice to know that one can actually focus that accurately at
that distance.

Chuck Norcutt