[OM] Color Casts

Subject: [OM] Color Casts
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2010 21:03:37 -0700
  Mike G. and I recently had some off list discussion of a color cast problem.
His Vivitar 90-180 macro was driving him
a little crazy with a yellow cast to it's images.

I though someone else here might benefit from knowing the strategy I used.

I made up a similar problem by shooting through an 81C filter. I shot an IT8
target, made an ICC profile using VueScan
and used it in both VS and PS to correct the images. Once the profile is in PS,
it can be used to instantly correct any
images from that lens (or whatever part of the imaging chain you profile).

Here are a couple of before and after examples, the IT8 and some flowers in our
garden.
<http://galleries.moosemystic.net/MooseFoto/index.php?gallery=Tech/Lens_icc>

In Windoze, you can use Alt with the right and left arrow keys to flip between
images, once you have looked at all of
them, almost like a roll-over.

Moose