Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/8/2010: the kebab man of Orbe

Subject: Re: [OM] Nathan's PAD 12/8/2010: the kebab man of Orbe
From: Nathan Wajsman <photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 16:57:48 +0200
Clearly there are important differences between countries in this respect. Most
restaurants in Spain only start filling up at 10 p.m. In northern Europe, most
kitchens (if not the restaurants) are closed by then. Exceptions can be found
in big cities like Amsterdam or London.

Cheers,
Nathan

On 14 Aug, 2010, at 16:42 , Bob Whitmire wrote:

> Only someone who lives in Spain would consider closing at 10 p.m.
> "really early." <g>
>
> At 10 p.m., I'm often already a half-hour or hour in my bed. Guess I'd
> never make it as a Spaniard.
>
> --Bob Whitmire
> www.bobwhitmire.com
>

> On Aug 14, 2010, at 3:04 AM, Nathan Wajsman wrote:
>
>> Those who know Switzerland will know that this is a country where
>> things close REALLY early, especially in small towns. So the other
>> evening, when we arrived in Orbe (VD) after a long drive from Spain,
>> we were very grateful to meet this man:
>>
>> http://www.greatpix.eu/Other/Picture-A-Day/4253606_netUM#969102777_mNdDz-O-LB
>
> --

Nathan Wajsman