Re: [OM] Listen to Moose, you fool Moose!

Subject: Re: [OM] Listen to Moose, you fool Moose!
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 14 Aug 2010 12:51:19 -0700
  On 8/13/2010 5:39 AM, Charles Geilfuss wrote:
>    Nor did I. Wikipedia has a pretty good write up and according to it you
> were in no danger Moose. I lifted this phrase:          Rubber Boas are known
> to never strike at or bite a human under any circumstances but will release a
> potent musk from their vent if they feel threatened.

My only concern was that I didn't have a camera at hand. I had friends in high
school who were 'into' herpetology; one
of whom became a professional and now lurks an office somewhere in the bowels
of the Berkeley Life Sciences Building.
Back then I tromped about in the field, turning over rocks and otherwise
stirring things up, looking for reptiles and
amphibians.

I'm familiar with and have handled rubber boas. As a matter of some personal
principle or other, I don't like grabbing
them up and disrupting their lives, so took the chance, and lost the shot,
rather than grab it up. For the same reason,
which I don't pretend to really understand, I virtually never shoot cut flowers
unless they have come into the house,
almost always at someone else's hands, for reasons other than photography. I
seem to prefer the vagaries of light and
breezes in situ.

Taking cut flowers in their vase outside for natural light? Sure.

An Odd Moose