Re: [OM] Visited Macau

Subject: Re: [OM] Visited Macau
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 15 Aug 2010 00:14:22 -0700
Hi Michael,

I don't know if you've come across this: many LF cameras have the corners of
the focus screen clipped off so that when everything is set up including the
aperture stopped down you can look through the corners to see if the
aperture is round. If your focus screen has clipped corners you should be
able to see any mechanical vignetting show up as a football shaped aperture.

The Super Symmar XL's are thought to have the greatest light falloff but the
IC on your 110 SS XL is so large you shouldn't have a problem with it. The
80mm SS XL had a recent discussion:
http://www.largeformatphotography.info/forum/showthread.php?t=65234&highligh
t=center+filter

The Schneider center filter for the 72mm XL has a 112mm front filter thread
so that a second filter could be attached to it and not cause vignetting.
The lens has a 95mm thread which they surely believe is fine for a single
filter. The lens has a 226mm IC and would thus cover a 5x7 film with little
room left for shift/tilt.

The Super Angulon 90mm f8 has a IC of 216mm so it can handle about an inch
of shift from center.
http://www.schneideroptics.com/info/vintage_lens_data/large_format_lenses/su
per-angulon/data/8-90mm.html

The schneideroptics website has a lot of information but finding it seems to
require a search engine.

Best wishes,
Jeff