Re: [OM] Focus Accuracy Test - Oh what misery we bring upon ourselves

Subject: Re: [OM] Focus Accuracy Test - Oh what misery we bring upon ourselves
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 08:36:46 -0400
No longer necessary.  CH has answered the question.  Using his 5D Mk II
at 10X live view he cannot differentiate focus between 5 and 6 meters.

So, I continue to maintain that your original test of the OM 24/2.8 and
DZ zoom at 24/3.2 does not conclusively show that the DZ zoom somehow
mysteriously displays more than the theoretically expected DoF.  If you
has focused the OM 24 at 5 meters and the DZ zoom at 6 meters the DoF of
the zoom at f/3.2 would be increased by 5 meters on the long side.

Chuck Norcutt