Re: [OM] IMG: Crab Spider

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Crab Spider
From: Chris Crawford <chris@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2010 14:11:15 -0400
Crab Spiders are really cool. They sit inside flowers and most of them can
actually change color and sometimes even pattern to match the look of the
flower upon which it is sitting at the moment. Instead of catching bugs in a
sticky web, the Crab Spider sits in the flower and waits for an insect to
visit the flower. Bees and lots of other bugs like to come to flowers for
nectar or pollen, and when one comes in, the spider, hidden by his new
color, attacks!

I've seen lots of photos of them in books about spiders, but have only seen
one in real life. I had just assumed they don't live in the area I do, until
2 yrs ago I saw one on a flower in my grandmother's backyard.

--
Chris Crawford
Fine Art Photography