Re: [OM] 612 film back advice is needed.

Subject: Re: [OM] 612 film back advice is needed.
From: "Jeff Keller" <om-list@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 00:44:06 -0700
Could it be light leaking onto the spool of film? I've heard of complaints
of light leaking at the dark slide entrance but I've never seen what it does
to the film. If you pull the dark slide all of the way out, light might be
leaking in while it is out. If you use a dark cloth to focus, try to use it
to carefully keep the roll film back covered when inserting/removing the
dark slide.

I don't know of any 6x12 backs which have both a good reputation and a low
price. The horseman has the lowest price of those which have good
reputations: horseman, linhof, sinar.

The horseman backs seem to be disappearing from the marketplace but Robert
White still advertises new ones.
http://www.robertwhite.co.uk/product.asp?P_ID=1200&PT_ID=309

Jeff