Re: [OM] Another present for myself.

Subject: Re: [OM] Another present for myself.
From: "Ian Manners" <oice500@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 00:00:09 +1000 (EST)
Hi Chris,

> Congratulations, Ian.  But don't you feel uncomfortable putting such
> a high-end lens on such a low-end body? ;-)

Not at all, it didnt stay on the E450 for long, and now lives on the E1.
The E450 is back in the car glove box with the pancake 25mm f2.8.

I did also say the same feel, not the same quality :o)

> Actually, the E450 is sold in this country only in Currys, a really
> cr*ppy shop which tries to sell useless warranties at inflated prices.

This is the one I bought :-)
<http://search.ebay.com.au/250662535761>
I've since decided they are all to fiddly to bother fixing now,
and I have enough body's !

I figured it wouldnt be to hard to fix, and it wasnt, the plastic cog
on the bottom of the unit (inside) had jumped over the marker ring
so all I had to do was move it back over the notch and the mirror
flipped open. Though to get to it, as normal, I stripped the camera.
How I miss the OM's base plates !
The second time around is always easier.

The E450 hasnt missed a beat since, not that it gets used often.

Cheers
Ian Manners
He who laughs last thinks slowest.