Re: [OM] What's sharp? [was Images: Stormy Weather]

Subject: Re: [OM] What's sharp? [was Images: Stormy Weather]
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 17 Aug 2010 22:36:46 -0700
  On 8/15/2010 7:52 AM, Chris Barker wrote:
> That's interesting.  It suggests that the designers thought that they knew
> what their photographer customers wanted, and having to use the same dial for
> to different functions when in different modes was one of them.

It all depends on how one works. It's more important to me that the rear dial
always be EV adjustment other than in
Manual, where it makes no sense and two dials are needed.

The solution Chuck would like would just move "... having to use the same dial
for to different functions when in
different modes" from  one dial to another.

If the location of EV changed between Auto, Av and Tv, so that the aperture and
speed control dials were consistent, I
would hate it.

But unlike Chuck and some other here, I basically never use Manual Mode other
than for tripod mounted panoramas where I
can't conveniently hold down the exposure lock button between shots. Oh yeah,
it's also needed for MF lenses that
require more than 2EV compensation. The Volcanic Thingie image I just posted
required that, using the Sigma 600/8 lens.
And my use of Tv is probably even less frequent.

Not to say I'm right and others wrong, only that Canon's choice fits my
preferences. Too bad for some that there isn't
more customize-ability. I just consider myself to be ...

Lucky Moose