[OM] Doing the Splits

Subject: [OM] Doing the Splits
From: usher99@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:58:00 -0400
AG writes:
"Of course, I must acknowledge the elephant in the room. Calibration
accuracy of the focus system in the OM-3Ti is probably not that good
and you also run into the issue of film flatness. But those are issues
outside of the discussion regardling human abilities."

Thanks for that whole excercise.  I wonder how much of an issue the
calibration actually is?  John has stated that thisi s factory
callibrated and he only had to adjust things a very few times over the
years.  Canyon doesn't advertise but tacitly admits slop in the system
as they sell shims for the focusing screens for those that want it spot
on as possible.  The stock screen really allows MF at about f4 and the
Ee-s perhaps 2 stops more precision.
I am guessing and have  seen others assert that the 1-13 allows
accurate focusing assuming the system is alligned at about f1.4 and the
2-13 though brighter results in a stop or so loss of precision.  Hate
that no free lunch principle of optics.

A mostly in focus,
Mike