Re: [OM] Doing the Splits

Subject: Re: [OM] Doing the Splits
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 15:12:12 -0500
> I am guessing and have  seen others assert that the 1-13 allows
> accurate focusing assuming the system is alligned at about f1.4 and the
> 2-13 though brighter results in a stop or so loss of precision.  Hate
> that no free lunch principle of optics.

Could be!

I did find that with the E-1 and the 50 F1.4 lens, focus is off by
about 3cm at 3m. When I tried my very hardest to get the focus exact
using the viewfinder, that was the result in the image file. 3cm at 3m
is a 1% error?  Hmm... And here I was getting all upset about it.
Just stop shooting wide-open.

AG