Re: [OM] need advice re projecting images

Subject: Re: [OM] need advice re projecting images
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 21:11:43 -0400
Just fill the screen.  I assume these expensive plasma TVs are capable
of the highest of high def TV which is "1080p" or 1080i".  The "p" there
stands for "progressive" and not pixels, the "i" for interlaced.  But
the 1080 is the number of pixels vertically.  Horizontally its 1920
pixels.  All in all still a fairly low resolution image of about 2MP.

I would just size the image to fit the vertical dimension.  HD TV has a
wider aspect ratio than 35mm and quite a bit wider than 4/3.  If you
size to fit the vertical dimension you won't need to worry about flowing
over the horizontal dimension.

Be sure you can get a test session with the equipment beforehand.
There's always some sort of surprise... even if it's only the wrong cable.

Chuck Norcutt