Re: [OM] need advice re projecting images

Subject: Re: [OM] need advice re projecting images
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 19 Aug 2010 10:01:05 +0800
Checking with the original post, it is a tiny 50 or 60" plasma TV (when
viewing from 30 feet), 2MP is more than enough :-) Using DVD may not be a
good idea as it has very low resolution (720x576 if PAL).

On the other hand you need to check the video capability of your laptop, the
older one does not support 1920x1080. The VGA port is also not very good for
HD, for best performance you need a laptop with HDMI output.

BTW, for display images on TV or projector it is better to crop the images
to exactly the same aspect ratio. Of course, you need to avoid the vertical
images.

Having the Panasonic PT-AE4000 HD projector for half a year, I have never do
a slide projection yet, got to find some time to prepare one.

C.H.Ling