Re: [OM] IMG: Applying Fill Flash

Subject: Re: [OM] IMG: Applying Fill Flash
From: Moose <olymoose@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 22:12:50 -0700
  On 8/18/2010 9:23 PM, Jim Nichols wrote:
> Thanks, Moose.  You will probably see that I worked it out, as I responded to
> Chuck.  My flash unit triggers with 20.5 volts with new batteries, but the
> E-510 is limited to 6 volts.  I think there is an interface that will protect
> the camera circuit, but I have not pursued that.  A newer flash might be a
> better investment.

Only 6 volts? That's really second rate.

If you really want to do a bit of playing with macro fill flash, I think you
want something that can go off the camera.
I don't keep up on flash stuff, but I'll bet there are units that can be
triggered by the on-camera flash, even set very
low. With something like that, you could even do hand-held flash, and easily
try different angles.

As it is, the E-510 shuts off the built-in flash when one is attached to the
shoe.

Dr. No Flash