Re: [OM] Large sensor schmutz--Please stat page Dr. Sensor Cleaner

Subject: Re: [OM] Large sensor schmutz--Please stat page Dr. Sensor Cleaner
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 23 Aug 2010 16:24:01 -0400
I think there's some confusion here.  It also seems the Photographic
Solutions has quietly done away with the distinction between Eclipse and
Eclipse 2.  Eclipse (used to be at least) principally methanol.  It was
followed by Eclipse 2 (principally ethanol) which was recommended for
use on tin oxide coated sensor filters.  Late model 5Ds had tin oxide
and were damaged by original Eclipse.  I have used original Eclipse on
my own 5D without problems but mine is apparently one of the earlier ones.

Photographic Solutions used to have a list of cameras/models with and
without tin oxide coatings to show which could and could not use
original Eclipse.  That listing doesn't seem to exist any more either.
I suspect the methanol is gone.

Chuck Norcutt