Re: [OM] ( OM) OT pesky programs

Subject: Re: [OM] ( OM) OT pesky programs
From: Ken Norton <ken@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2010 08:32:32 -0500
> I came to the conclusion that Apple Quick-time was the culprit. So an hour
> ago I uninstalled it. Heaven.  No more sneaky downloads.

No kidding about Apple Quick-time.  And it doesn't stop there, either.
iTunes and the iPad have an "ET Phone Home" algorithm in them that
takes spying to another whole level.

Last night, I was downloading an app on the iPad when it popped up the
new iTunes Store Terms of Service.  34 pages long!!!!  Basically, in a
nutshell, Apple now owns everything on your computer, iPad, iPhone,
iPod and anything created with it.  I'm exaggerating only slightly.

Basically, here is the deal. I enjoy the iPad for a few things it does
well, but Apple has quietly become one of the most evil companies
around. This license agreement makes a saint out of Bill Gates.
Microsoft, to my knowledge, has never gone as far as Apple has in
taking all ownership of everything in your posession as well as your
first-born. This 34 page agreement takes the cake and is reason enough
for me to never buy another Apple product again.

AG