Re: [OM] Odd behavior E-30

Subject: Re: [OM] Odd behavior E-30
From: John Hermanson <omtech1@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 08:40:51 -0400
As I recall, early OM-1 literature mentioned "shutters tested to 100,000
cycles" or something along those lines. I never saw a worn out OM
shutter gear train (OM-1 > 2N, 2S, 3, 3Ti, 3, 4T, 4Ti).  I've replaced
curtains that had come unglued or were moldy or ripped out by the user
but never just worn out from overuse.  When I worked for N*k&on,  I
replace a few titanium curtains in the original F due to fingerpokin'.
For the record, the curtains are glued onto the drums with brown rubber
cement Pliobond.

I was talking to a tech who repairs Canon for a sports/marathon
photographer.  He's the guy who may shoot up to 8,000 frames a day.
Shutter replacement has become a way of life for him.

John Hermanson  |   CPS, Inc.
21 South Ln., Huntington NY 11743
631-424-2121  |  www.zuiko.com
Olympus OM Service since 1977