Re: [OM] OM wides (21/2, et al)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM wides (21/2, et al)
From: Chuck Norcutt <chucknorcutt@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 27 Aug 2010 22:23:38 -0400
You shouldn't have left me such a wide opening.  I invite you to read
starting here
<http://thincs.org/>
With a prestigious list of members here
<http://thincs.org/members.htm>
and especially this guy
<http://www.ravnskov.nu/uffe.htm>
and a bit of human biochemistry and statistics here
<http://thincs.org/Malcolm.choltheory.htm>

Or, for a little light reading try these two papers:

Krumholz HM, Seeman TE, Merrill SS, et al.  Lack of association between
cholesterol and coronary heart disease mortality and morbidity and
all-cause mortality in persons older than 70 years. JAMA 1994;272:1335-1340.

Schatz IJ, Masaki K, Yano K, Chen R, Rodriguez BL, Curb JD. Cholesterol
and all-cause-mortality in elderly people from the Honolulu Heart
Program: a cohort study.  Lancet 2001; 358: 351-55

In a nutshell, folks older than 70 (and actually, much less than that)
live longer the higher their cholesterol.  Why is that when heart
disease is a disease of the elderly?

Chuck Norcutt (the denier)