Re: [OM] OM wides (21/2, et al)

Subject: Re: [OM] OM wides (21/2, et al)
From: "C.H.Ling" <ch_photo@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 00:57:56 +0800
The errors happen in focusing can be much larger than you have expected
since you are using the focusing screen not the lens scale, you can't unless
the lens has VERY accurate and fine enough meter scale and the film to lens
mount distance has to be very accurate too.

Even with digital gears, focus can be critical not to mention the film age.
(with digital you can make much more test shots and get immediate feedback).

http://www.slrgear.com/articles/focus/focus.htm

BTW, when talking about lens variance, it could happen on the wide lenses as
I have seen some fixed wide angle lenses and wide zooms with uneven
performance even on left and right sides not to mention variations between
different lenses. On the other hand I have never seen the same happen on
tele lenses. Ok, I'm talking about the manual focus lenses, AF lenses can be
much worse.

C.H.Ling