Re: [OM] Random acts of kindness

Subject: Re: [OM] Random acts of kindness
From: "Brian Swale" <bj@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2010 22:27:52 +1200
Ian Manners wrote

> I've packed up my very under utilised E-510 with its
> two lens into its box

> I put a personal note in the box, also told her that she
> has to send me a copy of the first shot she takes with
> it.

Brilliant Ian.

May I also suggest that you write to her saying you hope she takes particular
care to keep her right thumb right away from the FN button. It's in a stupid
place. One can be going along swimmingly and very nice images being
recorded, then (without knowing it, the FN button is pressed) and everything
turns to custard. In particular, exposures will probably be VERY wrong, so
wrong that no amount of post-processing can fix them. If she doesn't have a
lot of time and the User Manual with her it may take quite some time to
figure out what went so wrong.

Brian Swale.